Business License Applications

Gunnison City logo

Welcome to the Gunnison City Business License Application Process!

Please see the steps below:

Step 1. After you have determined the type of business you would like to start, please visit: One Stop to register your business and acquire your federal and state tax ID numbers, as well as your sales tax number if applicable.

Step 2. Print a copy of the Gunnison City Business License Application: 

Gunnison City Business License

Step 3. Review the Gunnison City Code to determine if a Land Use Application is required: 

Gunnison City Land Use Ordinance

The Table of Uses (Appendix A) is listed on pages 137-167.

If you see a P-1 listed under your zoning district for the type of business you would like to start, please fill out a Permitted P-1 USE Application: 

Permitted P-1 USE Application

Wondering what zone you are in? Please see the Gunnison City Zoning Map to assist you. This completed application will need to be turned in to the front office of the Gunnison City Hall (38 West Center) along with your completed Business License Application. Once completion of the forms is verified, they will be turned to the Gunnison City Zoning Administrator for the proposed approval.

Step 4. If your business is a Home Occupation, all Home Occupations will need to go before the Planning & Zoning Commission for approval.

This is a one time approval process, and any annual renewals after that may be completed online, if your business qualifies.

Please use this Permitted P-2 USE Application if you see a P-2 listed under your zoning district for the type of business you would like to start or if you are applying for a Home Occupation license. You will then need to call Valerie, P&Z Secretary, at 435-528-7969 to get on the agenda for the next P&Z meeting.

These meetings are generally held on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. You will need to bring your completed Permitted P-2 Use Application along with your completed Business License Application to the P&Z meeting for the proposed approval:

Permitted P-2 Use Application

This Home Occupation Checklist will help you prepare for your visit with the P&Z Commission:

Home Occupation Checklist

Please turn your completed Business License Applications in to Gunnison City Hall:

Valerie Andersen
City Recorder
val [at]

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Valerie Andersen, City Recorder at 435-528-7969 during regular business hours. You may also visit City Hall to pick up the applications.